Epax sets the standards for safe, traceable, sustainable omega-3 ingredients.
Epax is a leading global brand of concentrated marine-based omega-3 fatty acids. The 170+ years of Norwegian marine expertise and ongoing commitment to purity, quality and innovation ensure products that meet the highest industry standards for safe, traceable and sustainable ingredients.
Ultra-pure oil that sets industry purity standards.
For Epax, FMC is committed to producing ultra-pure omega-3 ingredients that are safe for ongoing human use.
- The Epax production limits for environmental pollutants are set at 60-95% lower than established standards values.
- Licensed processing and purification methods
- Efficient purification methods resulting in oils guaranteed to meet or exceed global purity standards such as the GOED Voluntary Monograph, the European Pharmacopoeia and that are Proposition 65 compliant: Click here for maximum specification limits for environmental pollutants.
- Analytical results of the total breakdown of the 209 congeners of PCB provided to all customers: Click here for more information on Epax 209 PCBs Congener Analysis & Compliance. Epax PCB 209 limit is well below established standards; 90% lower than established in the GOED Voluntary Monograp and Epax is beating its own max limit with 83%. This lower value is the average of measuring all Epax batches in 2012.
- Production specifications that set the lowest limits in the industry for trans fats and unhealthy oxidative by-products: Click here for maximum specification limits for oxidative compounds.
Quality - Ongoing supply of highest-quality traceable and trouble-free ingredients from sustainable source.
For all Epax ingredients, FMC ensures quality control at every stage from the sourcing of the crude oil to finished omega-3 concentrates, prioritized customer service and traceable ethical practices.
- Production facilities are FDA inspected and approved for the manufacturing of cGMP Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) for EU and USA.
- Highest quality, human-grade crude oil starting material.
- High-vacuum molecular distillation used to create various concentrations for sophisticated EPA/DHA ratios.
- Mild enzymatic processing reduces the risk of oxidative by-products and trans fatty acids.
- Systems are HACCP certified and implemented.
Customer service and support
- FMC global sales force and Epax distributor network for local customer service.
- Crude oil inventories ensure on-going customer supply.
- Radiation monitoring: Since the earthquake and following nuclear plant break down in Japan in 2011, Epax has continuously monitored the crude oil for radiation. Certificates stating levels of relevant radiation parameters are received from the crude oil supplier and at this point there have been no detectable levels of radiation in the crude oil.
- The FMC Epax EcoVision environmental stewardship program defines the primary values and long-term ethical standards for traceable, sustainable and accountable practices.
- All crude oil must comply with the strict FMC crude oil sourcing standards.
Innovation Industry leaders in technology, manufacturing and product development.
As a leading brand in the field of omega-3s, Epax has a long history of “firsts” that have raised industry standards. FMC is committed to the ongoing development of new omega-3 products, high- tech manufacturing solutions for the omega-3 category and new marketing opportunities for Epax customers.
- FMC state-of-the-art, dedicated omega-3 facilities.
- Innovative processing techniques for multiple areas such as e.g. purity, product design, sustainability.
- Industrial scale simulated moving bed (SMB) chromatography for the next-generation omega-3 concentrates.
- The most clinically documented omega-3 line of nutraceutical ingredients.
- Global regulatory expertise.