Epax Quality Assurance / Quality Control
For consistency of the Epax omega-3 brand, safety and purity of every product delivered is unconditionally guaranteed.
To ensure consistent quality of all Epax products, we:
- Manufacture our omega-3 ingredients in regulatory compliance with Norwegian and European food safety requirements.
- Handle and process products under a competent HACCP system in accordance with the US FDA’s seafood HACCP regulation 21 CFR 123 and Norwegian and European authorities.
- Have a quality system based upon the principles of cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practice) for API (Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients).
In addition to quality assurance processes, for Epax we:
- Maintain compliance with industry standards established under the omega-3 monographs in the EU Pharmacopoeia and GOED Omega-3 Voluntary Monograph.
- Impose strict limits for our operations; our goal is to stay ahead of regulatory developments, continually setting new standards in the industry.
- Perform multilevel testing; all products are subject to stringent internal specification testing, from the applied raw material to our finished products.
- Perform on-going stability studies to determine the shelf life of every product.
- Undertake qualification of laboratory equipment and validation of analytical methods
- Employ 3rd party testing.